Snowy Christmas Tree using Copic Markers
Today I have some exciting news to share! I’m Guest Designing over at Newton’s Nook. I just adore these stamps. I decided to create a Christmas Card, because let’s face it.. it’s really just right around the corner. So, I have made this Winter scene and today I’m going to show you how I colored this Snowy Christmas Tree using Copic Markers. Since we want the tips of the tree to be flocked the part you want to color is under the trees branches. I’m using this adorable set from Newton’s Nook called, Newton’s Curious Christmas.
- Step 1 – I started with BG93 and flicked downward with N3.
- Step 2 – Blend it out a little more using N1 and N0.
- Step 3 – I wanted the green to be a little more green so I went over the BG93 using YG67.
- Step 4 – Then I repeated BG93, N3, N1 and N0.
- Step 5 – After I finished coloring my entire image I then took my white gel pen and added white to the tips of the branches. Going over the outline of the image gives it more definition, too. I used my Coloring Fur with Copic Techniques, check out the Tutorial HERE.
- I also go into details about coloring different types of fur and animals in my
NEW Online Copic Marker Class!
I hope you are inspired to create a Snowy Christmas Tree using Copic MarkersI will be posting on Monday’s all month long so head on over to the Newton’s Nook Blog and see my post and all of their fabulous designers projects. You are going to be so amazed by the talent and creations made with these darling stamps!
Linking Up: Crafts and Me • Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas • Cute as a Button • 12 Months of Christmas • Lil Patch of Crafty Friends • Sir Stamps A Lot • Christmas Card Challenge
This Post Has 9 Comments
A lovely Christmas creation for our theme this month Mindy, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenge.
Great card, thanks for joining us at Christmas card challenges.
This is so awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the step-by-step instructions! I love how you colored the tree and added the white gel on the branches! We are excited to have you as our guest this month at Newton’s Nook Designs!
Hi Jen! Thanks for stopping by. I’m so excited and honored to be a guest designer this month!
I love the foxy tag and your umbrella card. Beautiful!
Your tutorial is simply wonderful! Love the image and the clean lines of your card. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Anything Goes Challenge.
Adorable image – and great colouring!
Thanks for joking us at Christmas Card Challenges!
This is just adorable and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
You’re amazing Mindy! What a cute card!
Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!