I’m so excited to to show you today’s tutorial. Coloring flowers can be challenging but lots of fun! Today I’m going to show you How to create Fire and Ice Roses using Copic Markers. These gorgeous stamps are from a company called Power Poppy Stamps. They carry so many different style flowers and they are very detailed. This image took me about 3-4 hours to color it from start to finish.
Here’s tutorial on coloring one of the petals, showing how exactly I lay the color down. If I would have done step by step for the entire image it would have been a couple hundred photos. Here’s a few tips to remember when coloring roses:
- The part of the petal that is coming out of the center of the rose is going to be darker.
- The edges are going to be the lightest.
- If there’s part of the petal that is folded, the part under is going to be darker.
If you enjoy coloring flowers check out my Coloring Peonies – Copic Marker Tutorial + FREE Digi Stamp.
Copic Marker List
- Flowers – R000, R20, R22, Y21, YR0000
- Stems and Leaves – YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97
- Rusted Silver Tin Cup – N0, N1, E93, E99, E17
- Polka Dot Cup – N0, N1, N3, N5, C00, Y21, Y28, YR0000,
- Shadows on ground – W00, W1, W3, W5
- Background – BG0000
The little tears and creases at the tip of the flower petals are darkened a little with the R22 — to give a little more red to them. It really gives a lot of detail and dimension to the Roses using Copic Markers. This image was seriously so much fun to color! The sentiment is one of my favorites and it’s from Technique Tuesday.
Pin the image below so you can always find your way back to this post!