Hello there crafty friends!
So, back in April I did a guest spot for Whimsy. I wanted to share how to Create a Scene and Masking with Stamps. I’m using Gnomies by Krista Heij-Barber. I wanted to create a large masked scene with this stamp set. I love all the different colors for the hats.
Sometimes I have a really hard time figuring out colors to use — or I have a tendency of always grabbing the same colors over and over. For this card I called my daughter in the room and told her to give me 6 precise colors. You cant just say green or yellow because then you’ll still go for your same ole go to green. So, she said olive green, mustard yellow etc. It works really well.
So if you have troubles deciding what Copic colors to use ask someone in your house!
Copic Marker Color Combo:
- Skin – E000, E00, E11, E04
- Hair – N0, N1, N3, N5
- Hats – R35, R39, R32, R30, V09, V06, V05, Y21, Y17, Y26, Y28, BG18, BG13, BG11, N0, N1, N3, N5, YG93, YG95, YG97
- Flowers and Mushrooms – E41, E42, E43, R35, E39
- Grass – YG61, YG63, YG67, N5, N7
- Sky – B00, B000
1. First I stamp and cut the images I’m using on some scratch cardstock. These are your masks.
2. Then, on your Copic Xpress it Cardstock stamp the images you want to be closest in your scene.
3. Take the masks and place them over the images that are on your Copic Xpress it Blending Card.
4. Since the 2 gnomes in front are supposed to be closest we cant have the feet of the gnome in the middle coming out from under the 2 front ones. So I’m using a mask to prevent this from happening.
5. Stamp your image right on top of the masks and onto your paper with the scene. Remove the masks and voila! Repeat till your scene is finished!
Free Copic Marker Budget Planner
I’m so happy you have stumbled across my site and onto this page so you can grab my Free Copic Workbook and Guide! This guide will help you; decide what Copic Markers to buy, figure out a Copic budget and create your own coloring style!